Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Diversity (Rainbow) Jello recipe

In an effort to promote understanding of differences I often make this recipe which I call DIVERSITY JELLO and take it to picnics and other events where I need to bring a dish. 

Especially when I know there will be people with closed minds that possibly need to open them. 

This recipe is actually quite time consuming but I like to think of it as educating others as to the place we all have in the world.

Diversity Jello recipe


2 small jello packages of the following flavors:

Cherry

Orange

Lemon

Lime

Blue (?)

Grape



2 cartons of sour cream



Directions:



You might want to layer in the order of a real rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple



First I put the cherry jello powder in a liquid measuring cup and then add boling water until it’s just a hair (literally) above the 1 cup mark. Stir until completely dissolved then pour into a 9x 13 inch pan.



Put in the fridge and chill until set (20-30 minutes).



For the next layer of cherry jello do the same thing but after dissolving the jello in boiling water then add 1/3 cup of sour cream. Chill in the fridge again until set.



Keep doing this until you have finished all the layers.



Note: For the last layer of purple I didn’t have time to do the sour cream layer so I ended with just the plain purple layer and I think it may look better that way.